Skip to main content

Fine Tuning

Hello all!

Today I'm working on fine tuning my shop--from descriptions to policies. This part is actually the least fun for me and the hardest part so I went and researched looking for helpful tips. I actually found a really great article in the Etsy handbook that basically went over some questions buyers think about when looking at your items. I went over the article, highlighted the questions that pertain to my items(vintage fashion) and rewrote the basics of my item info. I included some links that hopefully generate a bit more traffic in my shop and to my newly made blog. I'm working on uploading more items as well--however I need to take measurements of a lot of the items(mostly the shoes) so I can answer most questions for potential buyers. A good question that was asked was--how do you know it's vintage? I've been researching my butt off to look for the most accurate descriptions--and I know the products are vintage because I knew the person that owned them and I have a lot of pictures in specific outfits that are dated. However--it's hard to get this across to the viewers of my shop--Is is too much to put an old picture of the owner in the outfit? Or will that help assure it's authenticity?

When I first got into this project I knew it was going to be a lot of work--but it's more work then I anticipated. STAYING MOTIVATED is key--I still have a couple hundred more items I haven't even cataloged yet and another hundred or so I have cataloged and haven't uploaded to Etsy yet. I'm setting a goal for myself--to have everything cataloged including pictures, measurements and descriptions by early August. That way when I'm back at school as a full time student I can upload items from anywhere and don't have to worry about taking the little free time I have to get the pictures done.

Then there is getting my shop seen! I guess I was getting the most views in my shop( 60+) the few days that I uploaded 8-15 items in one day. However now I'm focusing on getting people on Etsy and outside of Etsy to visit my shop. It's hard to maintain your Online presence though--and find a site your comfortable with (i.e.--this is the 3rd blog site I've tried) !!

A few of the items I have waiting to be uploaded include: fake and real furs, Vintage classic pill box hats, wigs from the 80's!, skirts--mini and pencil and some more outfits and dresses.









For now follow my shop so you stay updated! This woman had such an eclectic fashion taste--there's a little bit of everything!!

Enjoy!,
Kelly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mule: Power Symbol or Fashion Faux Pas?

Reaching as far back as Ancient Rome the shoe we refer to as Mules carried a status symbol. Due to extreme impracticality you can imagine only those living lavish, luxurious life styles could wear them. In fact, in Ancient Rome only the three highest elected officials were allowed to wear mules (at the time flat, closed toed, backless). Talk about exclusive. Not until the 18th century would Mules appear in the fashion world. They maintained their status symbol thanks to their impractical design, attracting wealthy women. Somewhere along the line mules lost their status symbol when prostitutes began wearings them. However, like many trends they were bound to make a comeback. Who better to set a trend than the iconic Marilyn Monroe. She brought mules to their height in the 1950's. The past 60 years mules have come and gone. Now they're back! We've seen them throughout the year, but they're entering fall with a pointed toe and new colors. Are you a fan of the mule? ...

Recreate Iconic 90's outfits

I am loving the nostalgia the 90's trend has brought me. I love seeing how the fashion industry takes trends from past decades and innovates them into something modern. Chances are, you're here because you want to find the perfect 90's inspiration for your wardrobe! *Disclaimer: There are affiliate links in this post that help monetize my blog**  Today I took 8  outfits from 5 iconic characters of the 90's and found similar pieces to recreate their famous looks.  I've taken looks from Rachel & Monica of Friends, Cher from Clueless, Topanga of Boy meets World, and Kelly from Saved by the Bell. You can shop any of the pieces below to recreate a specific look or mix and match for something all your own. Potential for Halloween costumes, too! Who doesn't love a costume made of fashionable pieces they can wear again and again. What's your favorite look from the 90's that's trending right now? I personally love skater...

Pop up show, rebranding, class, throwback thursday, banner and logo

Happy December everyone! The first week of December is always the most hectic for me--being in school and now being part of an online sellers community it was extra crazy this year. I participated in my first pop-up show on 12/4 called "All Vintage Everything". It was fun, I got to meet other local vendors that sell vintage and I got a feel of how they do things and heard about some other great spots to sell my items! All in all a successful night I think. I am looking to redesign my brand a bit, I worked on a banner and logo last night when I was babysitting, it was a long process because I haven't edited images in a while. I started with an old black and white(also our throw back for this Thursday):  I actually have that dress from the late 40's--she had it in a teal(the one she's wearing) and a silver. Unfortunately the silver one got rusty from the metal on the sleeves. The teal one is in great condition it just needs to be dry cleaned and right now I'...