Skip to main content

Vintage Samsonite, vintage toilettries, Ayds etc..

Hello all--I've been lagging on the updates, but I'm working hard cataloging all the items for my shop! It's going really well, but it's a ton of work. However today i won't delve into that too much--today I'm going to share with you the contents of a woman's Samsonite--not all of them, I gave a lot of the good vintage bottles to my mother-in-law who collects these things, but I still have some interesting contents in this Samsonite.
There she is--a Silhouette Style 1412 by Samsonite. Still in fabulous condition too!!


The top try holds various items including Kleenex, toothpaste, packets of mouth wash, vaseline and bandaids, a comb, scissors and pencil, tweezers---and under a smaller square tray(center back) holds curlers and a ton of bobby pins and clips.

beneath the tray holds so much more( and smells a little of chemicals--I blame the bottles of mystery substance)

This woman loved leaving herself notes so not to forget--on the left bottom corner of the mirror she attached a type written sticker for directions to "attach straight switch" --I don't know what that means, but it's still super interesting.

Travel bottles full of mystery substance--If I had to guess I would say tanning oil and lotion maybe? Anyone want to take a guess-- =)

White Frost's Pocket-Pak spot chief


mending kit
Woolite mild soap

Above is spot remover, woolite and a small portable mending kit--essentials to stay presentable of the go!!

COTY New York Sample fragrence kit X2
Sip'n Rinse gargle mouthwash packets
Every woman needs to smell good--easy carry sample fragrance packets and travel mouthwash packets too. Samsonite also included a bottle of scope, but I don't have it any more.

Vaseline and Band aids for the accidents that happen

two makeup pads labeled brown and white. Both are powered eyeshadow with brushes
Vaseline and band aids because somethings accidents happen. Eye shadows for the necessary touch ups. I have some old vintage lipsticks too--but they were not in the Samsonite. Also--used to include a couple different bottles of nail mending glue, but those were given away.

I SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST~~Can anyone guess what these little candies are?? I know they look gross, but after reading about them apparently they were pretty good.
Ayds Diet Suppressant candies--they were taken off the shelf in 1988 due to the name/slogans being associated the the disease. 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhrl9F_fMwTVofoVzCNmgu2oJ-gTStlPnMas40ESnHJIzAwALAmXqo3dYgFtKceeFcMaHzCVekQfHtjdN0aOu9jFeVLQkCIpBHdZg1sVgsymjEfb78tAz_VgVy16LwqJwSy70s_2vzMvzc8/s1600/ayds-appetite-reducing-candy.jpg If you look up Ayds you will find a ton of interesting commericals from the 80's, articles as early as the 50's and a ton of people talking about these candies--I can't decide if it's cool or kind of gross have the actual candy. i wish I had the box, but obviously they were taken out and put in their travel case for necessity.

I hope you enjoyed by tour through a vintage Samsonite--Happy Sunday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mule: Power Symbol or Fashion Faux Pas?

Reaching as far back as Ancient Rome the shoe we refer to as Mules carried a status symbol. Due to extreme impracticality you can imagine only those living lavish, luxurious life styles could wear them. In fact, in Ancient Rome only the three highest elected officials were allowed to wear mules (at the time flat, closed toed, backless). Talk about exclusive. Not until the 18th century would Mules appear in the fashion world. They maintained their status symbol thanks to their impractical design, attracting wealthy women. Somewhere along the line mules lost their status symbol when prostitutes began wearings them. However, like many trends they were bound to make a comeback. Who better to set a trend than the iconic Marilyn Monroe. She brought mules to their height in the 1950's. The past 60 years mules have come and gone. Now they're back! We've seen them throughout the year, but they're entering fall with a pointed toe and new colors. Are you a fan of the mule? ...

Recreate Iconic 90's outfits

I am loving the nostalgia the 90's trend has brought me. I love seeing how the fashion industry takes trends from past decades and innovates them into something modern. Chances are, you're here because you want to find the perfect 90's inspiration for your wardrobe! *Disclaimer: There are affiliate links in this post that help monetize my blog**  Today I took 8  outfits from 5 iconic characters of the 90's and found similar pieces to recreate their famous looks.  I've taken looks from Rachel & Monica of Friends, Cher from Clueless, Topanga of Boy meets World, and Kelly from Saved by the Bell. You can shop any of the pieces below to recreate a specific look or mix and match for something all your own. Potential for Halloween costumes, too! Who doesn't love a costume made of fashionable pieces they can wear again and again. What's your favorite look from the 90's that's trending right now? I personally love skater...

Pop up show, rebranding, class, throwback thursday, banner and logo

Happy December everyone! The first week of December is always the most hectic for me--being in school and now being part of an online sellers community it was extra crazy this year. I participated in my first pop-up show on 12/4 called "All Vintage Everything". It was fun, I got to meet other local vendors that sell vintage and I got a feel of how they do things and heard about some other great spots to sell my items! All in all a successful night I think. I am looking to redesign my brand a bit, I worked on a banner and logo last night when I was babysitting, it was a long process because I haven't edited images in a while. I started with an old black and white(also our throw back for this Thursday):  I actually have that dress from the late 40's--she had it in a teal(the one she's wearing) and a silver. Unfortunately the silver one got rusty from the metal on the sleeves. The teal one is in great condition it just needs to be dry cleaned and right now I'...